What Isn't Said (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 7

Sometimes silence speaks louder than words
And sometimes it's easier to hear you when you say nothing at all
Words lie
Silence is the truth
And sometimes I understand you better on mute

Cold stares and unsure thoughts
It's all revealed when not a word is spoken
Working tongues are evil
Hearing nothing is hard
But I'd rather be set free than imprisoned and barred

Silence is golden
That's never been more true
The sound of lips coming apart can tear
Closed mouths can open hearts
Don't worry if you see me coming apart

Because it's better to be released by the truth
Than to go on believing in a lie
Tongues with all their sounds are overrated
So I'll bathe in your silence
And remember that moments like these are timeless

 

Comments

  1. Sometimes people do reveal a lot in their body language.
    Mine mostly reveals that I'm kind of uncomfortable around other people. I'm much better in print than I am in real life!
    http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/10/octpowrimo-2014-day-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I can hold a conversation online easily...in person is a whole different story. I'm usually cringing with anxiety for it to be over.

      Delete
  2. Lovely and heartfelt! A wonderful tribute to silence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uninspired (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 14

Press Stardom (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 17

The Woods (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 16