Waking Up Alive (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 3

I was hoping to wake up alive
Because all I did was indulge in you
I inject you into my veins like sugar in a needle
But all I can do is lie here

On my back
Staring at the ceiling with cracks in it
They said you would be sweet
They said you'd be kind

This was supposed to be easy
But it seems it was easier years ago
When I was younger
And this was new

The older it gets, the more I need
You're my favorite piece of candy
After taste and all...
Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up alive...

Comments

  1. There was a man I felt this way about. He was the father of my children. He loved drugs more than he loved me or his kids. The other women he brought into his life were just an extra in a threesome. The threesome involved him, his substance of choice, and the other woman.
    This is a strong and somewhat painful piece of writing. Good work!
    http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/10/octpowrimo-2014-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm sorry you had to go through something like that. I decided to take a darker route on the "sweet treats" theme. I just wanted people to be able to relate. It doesn't have to be an actual drug but it can be anything we're addicted to in an unhealthy way.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Very powerful! I, too, have experienced feeling this way about someone. My addiction was him. His was himself. The best part is when we do wake up alive. Wonderful twist on the sweet theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We all have our addictions & guilty pleasures. Some of us are still waiting for the "waking up" part.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uninspired (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 14

Press Stardom (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 17

The Woods (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 16