We're Here (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 21

Time passes and photos fade
But the memories are still there
None of us are still the same
But that one thing brings us here

Every year that goes by
We're reminded of the things that make us
No matter how much time flies
Or how many dawns turn into dusk

I plan on leaving my mark
On the concrete, in the sand
Because I was given a spark
Try and take it if you can

My fingerprints will be legendary
The sound of my voice is iconic
Remember my name, it'll be necessary
It'll echo with waves of sonic

So here we are at the same place
Searching for the same things
We all want them to remember our face
But we have no idea what life brings

I just know that someday they'll say, "she was here"

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uninspired (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 14

Press Stardom (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 17

The Woods (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 16