Some Things You Can't Tell (OctPoWriMo2015-Day 7)

They said to stay away
You'll be no good for each other
Neither of us listened that day
Now we wouldn't choose another 

They listed the reasons why
Aired out your dirty laundry
But I didn't bat an eye
That's when they came after me

But you kept still and stayed
And that made me smile
We stopped caring what they say
5 years...I think we lasted a while

Much longer than they thought
Turns out we fit well
They never found the heartache that they sought
I guess some things you just can't tell...

The prompt for today was the road less traveled. We had to think of a time we didn't listen to popular opinion and ended up thankful we didn't. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uninspired (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 14

Press Stardom (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 17

Halfway Mark (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 15