Finally Clean: Short Story Now on Wattpad

Here's a preview of the 2nd short story from my Wattpad exclusive book of short stories inspired by songs by popular music artist. Enjoy and click the link below for the full read. Remember to read, vote and share via Wattpad!



Short Story #2: Finally Clean
Inspired by: “Clean” by Taylor Swift from the album “1989”

The night is black with the exception of a few street lights that are shining. The air is cool but just enough to cure the breeze with a light hoodie. I can’t believe I’m back at it again. After all of the classes and months of rehab, here I am back at it making late night trips to my dealer.
I walk with my hands in the pockets of my hoodie, making sure I keep my supply safe. It cost me my last bit of money and I wouldn’t want to lose it because it slipped out. My mother worries about me and my father has basically lost hope. They’re good parents and they have sacrificed everything for me yet, I can’t stop my ways.
They’ve put me in every program and spent countless dollars on my recovery but I can’t seem to stick to the straight and narrow road. I want to get better but for some reason I can’t. I’ve tried my best but my best hasn’t been good enough.
I grew up with the best education and my parents did all they could for me but nothing was ever enough to keep me clean. I think I was wired this way.
My car was taken away from me as a precaution so I won’t do things like go on a late night run to my dealer’s house; but not even the lack of transportation could stop me from my urges. I pick up the pace as I walk the distance to my home. It’s a bit of a walk from my dealer’s to my house but to me it’s worth it.
I’m a few blocks away from my house when I hear sirens coming up from behind me. Oh no! I can’t afford to get caught again. I turn around as I continue walking in the middle of the street to see a police vehicle heading straight toward me. Strangest thing, they don’t seem to slow down. As the car gets closer I quickly jump over to the side walk. The patrol car races past me, never even acknowledging that it almost ran me over.
“Prick!” I yell out in anger even though I know the car is long gone and the driving officer couldn’t possibly hear me.
Who does that? I think to myself as I continue on my walk home. A few seconds later I hear more sirens. I stop walking to see what’s happening as a firetruck, more cop cars and an ambulance pass me by. Something terrible must be happening nearby. Maybe a fire or something. The good news is that they’ll all be too busy worrying about the current crisis that I won’t stick out like a sore thumb on a school night.
 

Finally Clean (Full Story)
-S. Elle Cameron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uninspired (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 14

Press Stardom (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 17

"Society" (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 20