I Have All These Dreams & I Don't Know What To Do With Them!

"Thank you, have a good day!" That's the line I have to say over and over again, countless times a day. It's a line I feared since I was small because I've always believed that I would have more. I always believed that I would do better.

Now I'm not knocking what anyone else does for a living but I am saying that for me, personally, it's not where I long to be. I graduated from college a year ago with honors and I thought I would be somewhere by now. Does this sound familiar to anyone?



Just the other day while I was in deep thought (this is how I spend 90% of my day), I hear my mind scream to myself, "I have all these dreams and I have no idea what to do with them!" Then, that's when I wondered how many other people must feel the same. While at work the other day, I took a look at everyone around me and wondered what their dreams once was and if they're actually living it. I began to feel sad for humanity thinking about how most of us settle for less when we deserve much more.

How many of us had dreams and goals but we never knew where to start so those dreams fizzled away or hid somewhere underneath? I know that I can't be the only one to feel this way. Think about all the other recent grads and even middle aged people who still have strong desires that are burning inside of them but everyday it gets dimmed by reality.



I don't plan on giving up and neither should you (whoever you are!). Our goals were set for a reason and although most of us aren't sure what that reason is, we're still hellbent on figuring it out. A life without me living my dream just doesn't make sense to me. After all of my hard work and the challenges I've been through, where I am currently at in my life doesn't make sense. I learned this to be true for a lot of people.

I followed the recipe for success since I was 4 years old and I know I'm not entitled to anything but I can't help but feel there must have been an error in the equation somewhere. Not bragging, but I am more knowledgeable than a lot of people I know, I'm savvy in almost every area, and I'm a hard worker. I'm creative and I'm always willing to go the extra mile just to reach a goal. I'm sure that explains a lot of you out there and this is why we deserve to cross the finish line of our dreams. We deserve more than a pat on the back or a simple 9-5 job that gets more redundant every day.



We have dreams and we have to figure out what to do with them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uninspired (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 14

Press Stardom (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 17

Halfway Mark (OctPoWriMo2014)-Day 15